I’ll admit it – I am super excited I am starting a blog! I figured since this was going to be my first post, I would have to make it a good one. I made this cloud bread the other day and fell in love with it; it’s so light and fluffy and easy to make!
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 300° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Separate the egg whites into a kitchen aide mixer and set aside the yolks for now. Add the cream of tartar and beat with a whip attachment until peaks form (about 2-3 minutes). Add to different bowl.
- In mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and beat until softened, incorporating the egg yolks one at a time. When smooth, add in the Italian seasoning, salt and garlic powder and beat until everything is mixed in.
- Gently fold in the meringue to the egg yolk mixture without deflating the mixture. Spoon the mixture onto the lined baking sheet, about 4 inch circles. This recipe should make about 6 disks.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. The bread should not move or shake in the middle when the baking sheet is moved.
- I served the bread with a grilled turkey burger and some avocado…because you can’t have a turkey burger without an avocado!
- Enjoy 🙂