~ happy thursday bloggers ~
I am always trying to cook as healthy as possible for the hubby and I, but there are only so many nights that I can have grilled chicken and veggies.
So I am always on the lookout for different recipes for our meals!
Tonight’s dish was inspired by a craving for thai food 🙂 Although I’ve never been to Thailand, I’m sure I would fall in love with their food! It’s amazing!
- 8 oz noodles (I used soy noodles because I wanted to keep it low carb)
- 2 tsp sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 or 2 diced chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 3/4 cups Pad Thai sauce (I made my own – 1/8 cup of each : fish oil, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha and lime juice)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 1/4 cup green onions
- Rinse noodles in water and then set aside in bowl with some soy sauce
- In a pan, heat olive oil and scramble 2 eggs and set aside
- Add chicken breast to same pan and cook until browned and then set aside
- Add shallots and cook until brown/fragrant and then add in noodles that have been soaking in soy sauce. Add in chicken, eggs and pre made Pad Thai sauce and combine
To plate :
—- put in bowl and top with peanuts, chopped green onions and sprouts and serve 🙂