Happy Monday foodies ♥
As you know, if you’ve been reading my blog, the hubby and I are constantly “dieting” and trying to find a healthier spin on already delicious recipes. Well, we don;t really “diet” but we are always watching what we eat; with that, I am always trying to substitute yogurt or applesauce into my cooking/baking to take the place of the fattier foods like butter and oil (although as my hubby would say “awww man! what the heckkk?!”).
I found this recipe when mindlessly scrolling through Pinterest one day last week and it caught my attention! I have always been obsessed with lemon poppyseed anything, but these muffins are over the top.
They somehow stayed fluffy and moist for 4 days after baking!
I went on the website ♦ https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/969685052// ♦ for this amazing recipe, but I did substitute a couple things that didn’t change the flavor or composition at all!
- 1 cup applesauce (the recipe calls for 4 eggs, but ¼ cup applesauce is equivalent to 1 egg)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¾ sugar substitute (I used Truvia)
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray
- In a mixer, beat eggs together until they are frothy then add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix until all blended
- Add all remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and mix until a batter forms
- Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown