Every year, the hubs and I usually go and visit my parents for Easter weekend and it’s always about the breakfast for Easter Sunday 🐰 This year, I was in charge of it and was specifically told “nothing too sweet; stick with something more savory”.
That was exactly what I did 🍳 I wanted a casserole I could make the night before and in the morning, put it in the oven for 45 minutes. This was absolutely perfect! I added some fresh fruit on the side to make it a hearty, healthy meal before we went to look for some eggs!
- 2 lbs turkey sausage
- 1 (32 oz) shredded hash browns
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cook sausage in skillet until browned
- Drain excess fat and then add shredded hash browns until browned
- Grease baking dish and add sausage and hash brown mixture then top with cheddar cheese
- Mix together, in different bowl, eggs, milk, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and pour over sausage and hash brown mixture
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling ☕️