I don’t know why, but I have been craving Mexican food for about a week now – and it’s all I can think about. It’s hard because my job is right across the street from a Mexican restaurant and I have been wanting to go and get food, but I have been trying hard not to because I try to not eat super heavy for lunch during the week.
Needless to say, it didn’t stop me from going home and cooking these amazing chimichangas. 😋
They were time consuming, as far as the prep goes, but the cooking process didn’t take longer than 15 minutes. They were delicious! Maybe not as good as the authentic chimichangas (obviously), but they definitely hit the spot!
Andddddddddd I get to bring the leftovers for lunch today! BEST PART!
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper (you can use whatever color you like)
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 1 can sweet corn
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- fiesta cheese blend
- oil for frying
- Finely dice onion, garlic, jalapeño and bell pepper and sauté in oil until onions are translucent
- Once veggies are fragrant, add taco seasoning, chicken and corn and mix until combined – cook for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat and place entire mixture in bowl
- Add cream cheese and blend until creamy consistency
- Scoop two smaller portions in center of tortilla and wrap to form burrito
- Heat thin layer of oil in pan and place chimichanga flap side down to create a seal so none of that goodness comes out
- Cook for about 3 minutes each side or until golden brown
- Top with creama and pico (I did it with salsa) and serve
😡😡😡 Disclaimer – – – I had fresh cilantro to add on top, but totally had a brain fart and forgot to put it on