This beef goulash recipe is a recipe that my mom has absolutely perfected! She used to make it for me all the time to bring back to college with me so I didn’t starve 😋 Now that I have my own house, I like to make it occasionally when we want lots of leftovers or for a dinner party, although I still haven’t perfected it like she has.
🔹🔹🔹 caution — when taking pictures, try to keep the cats from eating the food 🔹🔹🔹
- 2 lbs ground beef (I used found turkey, but you can use pretty much anything)
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1½ cups shredded cheese
- 1 yellow onion
- Sauté onion until translucent and then add the garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add meat and cook until browned. Drain excess fat and transfer to big pot.
- Add water, diced tomatoes, tomatoes sauce, soy sauce, bay leaves, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. Stir well, cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add *Uncooked* pasta to pot and stir so that everything is incorporated.
- Return the lid and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves and remove from heat.\
- Add cheddar cheese to top of the goulash right before serving 🥘🧀🥂