Are you ever looking for an on-the-go easy breakfast or just a healthy mid day snack?!
These cookies have done the job!
They are super tasty and really easy to make!
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 ¼ old fashioned oats
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated or chopped apple, although I like the grated consistency better
- Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, stir together almond flour, protein powder, oats, flax seed, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt
- In kitchen aide mixer, whisk honey (or syrup), applesauce, vanilla and egg together and then add the butter. Once combined, add in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in grated carrot and apple
- Use about a ¼ measuring cup and scoop onto lined baking sheet (I used my fingers to press down and shape them because they won’t rise on their own)
- Bake for about 14 – 15 minutes or until golden brown (depending on how hot your oven gets, just watch them! I needed to add a couple minutes to mine)
- Let cool for a couple minutes before serving — they can be stored in the freezer for a couple months as well!