I have been craving chicken caprese for such a long time now, but last night, I finally made it! I usually crave some type of Mediterranean food during the week, but since I haven’t really made anything like that recently, last night was the perfect opportunity.
Chicken caprese is a quick and easy dish to make – especially if you have that feeling of wanting to cook, but also not really wanting to cook
Usually, I would love to serve it with some angel hair or spaghetti, but since the hubby and I are trying to cut down on carbs, we chose to not add it.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tomato
- fresh mozzarella
- couple leaves of fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Coat chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and some oregano — I just used a little of each, but use your discretion for whatever you like
- Bake, uncovered for about 20 – 25 minutes or until chicken is tender
- Put two slices of fresh mozzarella on each chicken breast and then two slices of tomato on each as well
- Broil for about 8 – 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly
- Serve with freshly chopped basil