Looking for a great, fresh marinade for those hot summer nights? This honey lime cilantro marinade will get everyone’s attention at the party!
- 4 – 6 chicken breasts (depending on how many people you have)
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3 yellow bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 3 – 4 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
Ingredients for marinade :
- ½ cup lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 crumbled chicken bouillon cube
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you want it)
- Whisk all ingredients for marinade in small bowl. Cut chicken into small cubes and place chicken in plastic bag. Cover with marinade.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours prior to cooking
- Begin to tread the peppers, onions and chicken on skewers
- Heat grill and grill for about 8 – 12 minutes each side, allowing chicken, peppers and onions to get a nice char on them. Keep basting with the extra marinade while on the grill to keep the chicken moist.
- Serve with fresh cilantro to garnish