If I haven’t said it already, buffalo chicken is my absolute favorite thing in the whole world
It is so easy to make, that I always offer to bring it to wherever we are going that requires food. Not to mention, it is ALWAYS a hit! Last night though, the hubby and I didn’t just want a dip for dinner, so we decided to make a tostada with the buffalo chicken. It came out amazing! So creamy and refreshing 😋
Ingredients : (you can adjust the ingredients depending on how many people)
- 4 tortilla shells
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked (I always bake them first in 350° oven for about 20 min) and shredded or 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 package (8 oz) low fat cream cheese
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ½ cup low fat milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°
- On baking sheet, arrange tortilla shells so they are flat on sheet and spread just a little bit of olive oil on each side and bake for about 3 – 5 min per side
- While those are baking, combine low fat cream cheese, hot sauce, low fat milk, salt and pepper until everything is smooth and combined.
- Add chicken to mixture and simmer for about 10 minutes or until fully blended
- *** at this point, I ALWAYS taste test it to make sure its spicy enough, and if not, I add more hot sauce!
- When tortillas are crispy and brown, add the buffalo chicken mixture to each tortilla and broil for about 3 minutes
- Serve with ranch dressing and some green onions on top