All summer, I have been trying to think of creative sides to have along all my grilled chicken and turkey burgers besides my plain old salads! I came across a couple recipes that were so fresh and vibrant that I had to try some them!
This recipe was soooooo colorful and so gorgeous; hard to take the first bite, but when we did, magic happened. The salad was such a change of pace from the Cesar salads we usually have with our dinners that our palates can no longer go back! If I could, I would make it all the time!
- 1 package cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 can sweet yellow corn (you can also do 2 corn on the cobs, grilled – much better in my opinion, but this was the easiest option at the time)
- juice of half a lime
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Mix together the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, corn and feta cheese in a bowl
- In another bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice and salt until all combined (you may have to taste test it to see if you need to add more)
- Pour olive oil mixture over tomato and cucumber mixture and combine until everything is coated
- Serve with freshly chopped basil on top