Almost every single weekend, the hubby and I used to go to a sports bar called Tiled Kilt after his soccer games to hang out with the rest of the team. We would all grab lunch and some beers and just hang out for the afternoon. Although I didn’t like too many options on the menu (they were really greasy), I think the only item I ever ordered was the black bean veggie wrap! I loved it! It was full of chunks of veggies and black beans and goodness 😍🍅
Unfortunately, they closed recently and I was so unbelievably sad because there wasn’t another one around us, which meant no more black bean veggie wraps for me! Wahh! 😣
On the bright side, I was able to google the ingredients for it, although I did change some of it, but never the less, I got a hint of what they put in it! Now, I know it is supposed to have black beans in it, I didn’t have any in my pantry last night, so I improvised and used refried beans instead because that was all I had. Oops. Still delicious though and super fresh! 👌🏼
- olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 2 yellow squash, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 cup monterey pepper jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil
- Add chopped garlic, red and yellow bell peppers, squash, zucchini and the red onion.
- Saute for about 10 – 15 minutes or until tender
- Add the cumin, chili powder, oregano and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly
- In a bowl, add black beans and mash them until semi-soft. Add the cheese and mix together.
- Transfer veggies into the bowl with the beans and cheese and mix together.
- Spoon about ¼ filling into each tortilla and place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Bake, covered with foil, for about 15 minutes or until heated
- Cut into halves and serve with sour cream and salsa