When I was growing up, my mom would make this for dessert all the time!
Although I kind of took advantage, being away from home and having a home for myself has made me feel some type of way about making this! I kept telling the hubby, “I hope I make this right! I hope I make this right!” because although it’s easy enough to make, it’s never as good as when you had it a first time!
Since the fall season is right around the corner, I figured it would be the perfect time to break this out for the hubby, especially since he’s been deprived and never had it!
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4-5 tbsp quick cooking oats
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- a couple dashes cinnamon
- vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Place peeled and sliced apples in 9 x 13″ ungreased baking dish and cover apples with lemon juice
- In another bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, quick cooking oats and cinnamon so that it makes a crust-like topping. Cover apples with the topping.
- Bake, covered, for about 30 minutes. Take off the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crunchy on top
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and a little drizzle of caramel sauce to make it delectable