It’s officially fall!!! Casserole season is upon us!!
I LOVEEEEE to make casseroles! Any type, doesn’t matter! Although it doesn’t get very cold here in Florida, I like to pretend its chilly outside with fall scented candles, Christmas decorations and casseroles in the oven! 🥘
This quinoa taco casserole was super easy and super delicious for a Sunday night family dinner! 🌚
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup light sour cream (or greek yogurt would work too!)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ package baby tomatoes
- 3 – 4 scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Start cooking quinoa according to package directions
- While the quinoa is cooking, in a heated pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil until hot
- Cook diced onion until fragrant. Add ground turkey and cook until browned
- Drain excess fluid and add taco seasoning and cook until all the liquid is absorbed
- In another mixing bowl, add corn, black beans, cooked quinoa and the ground turkey and onion mixture. Mix well until everything is combined.
- In a baking dish, place half the ground turkey mixture down and then spoon the sour cream or greek yogurt down. Add the remaining ground turkey mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 15 – 17 minutes.
- Top with halved tomatoes and chopped scallions and serve! 😋