I had always pictured chicken pot pie to be unbelievably unhealthy for you until I saw this recipe. Now, although this isn’t the healthiest dinner in the whole world, it’s not as bad as a full blown chicken pot pie! This took about 10 minutes at the most to prepare and the rest is done for you!
It made my Tuesday night dinner manhunt quite easy to accomplish! ✔️
- Crescent dough (I used Pillsbury Pizza dough) – same thing!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cooked chicken, cheddar cheese, peas and carrots, cream of chicken soup and the cream cheese. Mix until everything is very well blended.
- On a lined (parchment paper works the best) baking sheet, lay out dough and begin to make small cuts on the sides of the dough (in order to braid)
- Spoon mixture in the center of the dough and begin to braid the dough starting from one end until the end
- Bake for about 22 minutes
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes until its cooled down — it will be superrrrrr hot — and then ¡BAM! dinner is served 💁🏼