Do you ever get bored with the same sides over and over again during the week?
I am constantly looking for fun, new ways of transforming the simplest ingredients into something delicious because there’s only so many nights I can have a Cesar salad or green beans! This quinoa mac and cheese is super healthy and won’t affect the weeknight budget!
- 1 butternut squash
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 3 – 4 cups quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups cheddar (I used an aged sharp cheddar, but anything will work)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cook quinoa according to package directions (I cook quinoa in chicken stock rather than water — better flavor!)
- Peel and seed butternut squash. Cut into bite size chunks and add to pot of boiling water. Cook for about 15 – 17 min or until the squash is tender.
- Once tender, drain and transfer to a blender. Add almond milk (or whatever milk you prefer) and mustard and blend until silky smooth (the texture should be thick, but pour-able – you may have to adjust the amounts)
- Transfer to a baking dish and add in the cooked quinoa and cheddar cheese. Mix until everything is coated
- Bake for about 30 minutes and enjoy