Since it has been a winter wonderland in Florida lately, the hubby and I have been having a lot of soup just to warm us up! Although soup is amazing, we were craving something on the grill!
I had a package of bacon in the fridge that was unopened and a lot of chicken that needed to be cooked, so I decided to make something delicious!
Adam loovvesssssss bourbon and bacon and since that comination is awesome together, we decided to make it work! The best part about this recipe is that you can play around with the ingredients depending on how you like the flavors!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 (16 oz) jar bbq sauce
- 1 package bacon (I used applewood smoked, but any kind will do)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces for the skewers
- In a small bowl, combine the bbq sauce and the bourbon and mix thoroughly
- In a food processor, combine dark brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and 5-6 slices of the bacon; pulse until blended – it looks like a rub at this point
- Combine bite size pieces of chicken with the mixture – at this point, I let it sit for about 30 minutes to get that flavor really in the chicken
- Cut up the rest of the bacon to bite size pieces and alternate marinated chicken with the bacon on the skewers
- When the skewers are on the grill, brush the bourbon bbq sauce on them and rotate until they are cooked through